Tuesday 13 May 2014

Personal Project: Body Mechanics WIP

This is the first blocking stage of my gymnastics routine for my body mechanics project. This is the first time I have had a chance to get my hands on the Stewart Rig. I must say he is lovely to work with. Excellent for this type of animation.
I have really enjoyed this part of my project so far. The poses are really challenging but I like pushing the rig to its limits. Because the movement is so fast with with animation, I had a lot of keys just for my initial blocking. Though this meant the blocking took a while, I think it should be much easier once I take it to spline. There are a few IK issues I need to go back and fix, but im happy with this for a first block.





Rig used with permission (© Animation Mentor 2014). No endorsement or sponsorship by Animation Mentor. Downloaded at www.animationmentor.com/free-maya-rig/.

No comments:

Post a Comment